Steno Diabetes Center Odense (SDCO)
Aiming to prevent diabetes and improve quality of life for patients with diabetes
Steno Diabetes Center Odense’s objectives and measures to combat diabetes in the Region of Southern Denmark are:
- To achieve a lasting and significant improvement in the prevention and early detection of diabetes.
- That people with diabetes should receive patient-centred and evidence-based treatment at the highest international level.
- That people with diabetes should be optimally equipped to manage their own illness, live a life with diabetes and have as few late complications as possible.
Accordingly, the long-term vision for diabetes care in the Region of Southern Denmark is:
- to slow the growth in the number of people with newly diagnosed diabetes.
- to ensure that people with diabetes achieve normal life expectancy and quality of life.
To achieve this vision, SDCO’s work evolves around the following 4 core activities:
- Treatment and prevention of late complications
- Clinical research
- Skills development of health professionals
- Cross-sector collaboration