CAI-X is the Danish Centre for Clinical Artificial Intelligence – established by the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and Odense University Hospital (OUH). It is a knowledge and competence centre that helps connect clinicians from the hospital with the engineers and researchers at the university, as well as private companies.
At CAI-X, you can get help with the scoping process and assistance when applying for funding. CAI-X can also help drive the projects and draw attention to results, publications, researchers etc.
Bridging technology and healthcare
CAI-X is a joint centre between OUH and the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Health Sciences at SDU. CAI-X covers all clinical specialities of OUH and cooperates with the additional faculties, private organisations (both Danish and international), research centres, councils and other hospitals to ensure a close connection between patients, health care staff, researchers and engineering experts.
Odense University Hospital and the University of Southern Denmark have a long history of strategic collaboration with respect to health technology and to bridging clinical challenges with technical expertise to provide new treatment solutions. OUH has the clinical setting and the data, and The Faculty of Engineering at SDU has the technical knowledge and experience with algorithms.
CAI-X Steering Group
The steering group for CAI-X is comprised by representatives from the management of both Odense University Hospital (OUH) and the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), clinical departments at OUH and more.
- Bjarne Dahler-Eriksen, Chief Medical Officer, OUH
- Kim Brixen, Chief Medical Officer, OUH
- Dean Henrik Bindslev, The Faculty of Engineering, SDU
- Dean Ole Skøtt, The Faculty of Health Sciences, SDU
- Lilian Bomme Ousager, Professor and Head of Department, Department of Clinical Genetics, OUH
- Ib Erik Jensen, Head of Department, Department of Radiology, OUH
- Niels Marcussen, Professor Head of Department, Department of Pathology, Hospital Sønderjylland
- Gerda Nørrelykke Møller, Head of Department, Department of Ophtalmology, OUH
- Esmaeil Nadimi, Professor SDU and Head of Technical Research, CAI-X
- Benjamin S. Rasmussen, MD, Associate Professor and Head of Clinical Research, CAI-X
- Mai Hygum Marxen, Head of Data, Department of Finance and Planning, OUH
- Thomas Kristensen, Head of Innovation, Department of Clinical Development, OUH
- X, Patient Representative
- Peter Børker Nielsen, Programme Manager at CAI-X, services the steering group
Intelligent use of data and technology enables us to provide the best possible health care services, and the purpose of the centre is to ensure full utilisation of artificial intelligence to benefit patients and staff of the hospital.