Course: AI for image diagnostics
Together with Radiological AI Test centre (RAIT) from Herlev and Bispebjerg Hospital and the Capital Region of Denmark, CAI-X and Odense University Hospital hosted a course on AI for image diagnostics on Monday the 5th of September.
There were 85 participants and the day was full of inspiration, great examples of AI in practice, discussions of what role AI should play, how we use it, and what to be aware of.
Some of the key take aways from the course were:
- We can’t buy AI off the shelf, it must be adapted and tested in our clinical setting.
- Funding is neccessary for clinical validation, not only technical development and research.
- Patient safety comes first, test and validation is central.
- The best solutions are created in close cooperation between hospitals and industry.
- Questions and problems with data access, data security and GDPR must be adressed and answered at a national level.
Esmaeil Nadimi, Professor at The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at the University of Southern Denmark and Head of Research at CAI-X sums up the day: “It was very inspirational to hear the different approaches, and we saw the good examples, identified barriers and conflicts of interest, and discussed the future prospects for AI in a clinical setting. AI brings great possibilities for easier, simpler and quicker workflows, but we must always bear in mind that AI i s a support tool, not the decision maker”.
See pictures from the day below: